Hello. My pc has been recently infected with something called Search.klivs.com. This redirect virus pops up every time I launch my web browser or open a new tab. It shows me an excessive amount of pop-up ads, banners, surveys, deals and offers and it’s so irritating. It infected my Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers and I can’t do anything with that. I tried reinstalling browsers and reset to default settings but that didn’t help. I don’t know what else I can do. It seems like this virus disabled my antivirus, because all of my scans showed 0 threat found. I even tried to boot up in safe mode and remove this Search.klivs.com, but I couldn’t find it in programs or anywhere else except as default homepage, which by some reason I cannot change. Now, my computer takes around 5-7 minutes to boot up and ten minutes to shut down. It became very slow machine and I blame this Search.klivs.com virus. Could you please help me? How to get rid of Search.klivs.com from my browser? How to permanently delete Search.klivs.com adware from my computer?
Information & Solution
Search.klivs.com is an adware also known as browser hijacker that will not lose an opportunity to infect user’s computer and get deep into the system without user’s knowledge and permission. We have received numerous reports that this adware can easily infect the most famous web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Search.klivs.com is a malicious domain that contains a fake search engine that pretends to be genuine and helpful but in reality it will redirect you to the sponsored websites, promote numerous products and ads, and in general has an objective to generate live web traffic. Technically Search.klivs.com is not a virus, it is more like potentially unwanted program and it use this advantage to slip into your computer bypassing antivirus security programs. However it is very dangerous adware that can open a backdoor for viruses, keyloggers, worms and Trojans that will come into your system bypassing any security. Also, this adware is able to collect your personal data such as browsing history and cookies and even your confidential information like logins and passwords, emails, credit cards and online banking access codes. Later, all of the collected information will be transferred to the remote server of the cyber criminals where they will analyze and use your information for their illegal purposes. As you can see it’s very dangerous to use the infected pc. You are risking exposing your personal information and becoming a victim of credit cards fraud or identity theft. Once you found any symptom of the adware infection on your pc you should stop using it and take immediate actions to remove the malware.
After infecting user’s computer this browser hijacker will be stored in some windows system folder. It may be disguised into some vital system program, so you will not be able to find it easily. This adware will modify your system registry and will be constantly running on the background monitoring your online activities. It will study your habits and interests in order to provide you with pop up ads based on your preferences. Also, you might notice that your computer’s performance is very low and constant crashes and freezes are happening whenever you try to launch some heavy program. That’s happening because the adware consumes a big part of system resources in order to execute various malicious actions. It is very unsafe to use the infected computer; you are risking losing all of your personal data stored on the hard drive. Also, your private information such as logins and passwords, credit cards and online banking details are at risk of being exposed to the third parties. Once you detected any sign of this infection you should remove it immediately.
How to remove complitly Search.klivs.com (Adware Removal Guides)
Search.klivs.com is an adware application from the family of browser hijackers, it also can be classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Above we described the most common symptoms and ways of getting infected by this hijacker. It is very dangerous adware because it can download and install other malicious programs on your computer without your knowledge or authorization. If you don’t clean the infection immediately your personal data might be stolen and your system might be invaded by other Trojans and viruses, which can lead into a system failure with loss of important data stored on your hard drives. Don’t waste your time, below you will find different removal methods. Pick up one of them and follow the instructions to the end.
Option 1. Automatic Removal of complitly Search.klivs.com with Spyhunter 4 Antispyware
Option 2. Removal of complitly Search.klivs.com with the help of our technical experts.
Option 3. Manual Steps for complitly Search.klivs.com Removal
Option 1. Automatic Removal of complitly Search.klivs.com with Spyhunter 4 Antispyware:
To quickly and easily remove complitly Search.klivs.com threat, please download and install the SpyHunter 4(click the Download button below) – this anti-spyware utility has been concretely developed to detect and remove threats such as complitly Search.klivs.com . Also SpyHunter 4 can detect and remove many types of viruses such as: Rootkits, Trojans, Adwares, Browser Hijackers, Fake Antiviruses and many more. After downloading, follow the simple instructions described in this section and you will easily clean your computer!
Note: Before running this utility recommended to print this instruction or memorize the main steps as during cleaning the browser closure or computer restart may be required.
SpyHunter 4 was developed by Enigma Software; it is an anti-virus utility program that was certified by West Coast Labs Checkmark Certification System. Enigma software was mentioned by various respectable media sources such as: Forbes.com, CNN.com, CNet, PC World, InfoWorld and USA Today. With multiple tests we have proved that SpyHunter 4 has one of the best detection and removal rates. Also, the database of this utility has more than a million threats signatures which makes it one of the largest compared to similar utilities.
1.1. After completing download click on the SpyHunter-Installer.exe. When the User Account Control dialog pops up, click “Yes” to accept and proceed. Spyhunter Downloaded will be launched and it will download the main SpyHunter Installer for your Operating System. 1.2. Choose your preferred language and follow the simple installation instructions. 1.3. After the installation is completed SpyHunter will be launched automatically and will prompts you to protect your Internet Explorer homepage – this function will protect your Internet Explorer from browser hijackers in the future. ATTENTION! Since your computer is probably already infected with one of the browser hijackers, then this function may not work for you. It is necessary to scan your computer and remove all threats as shown in the following steps. 1.4. After opening the main window of Spyhunter 4, automatic update of the virus signature database will be launched, please wait for the database to be up to date with the most recent signatures. 1.5. When the updates of the antivirus databases are completed, Spyhunter will start to scan your computer automatically. The Important areas such as memory, startup section, critical registry areas as well as the entire hard drive will be scanned. The scanning process may take some time – but be patient, it will help to find all the threats on your computer. 1.6. When the scan will be completed, your will be able to see the list of threats with detailed description that has been found. Besides complitly Search.klivs.com threat can be found other common threats such as: Conduit Search, Iminent Toolbar, WhiteSmoke Toolbar, Speedial and others. Click on the “Fix Threats” button to remove all threats. Also we want to note that in rare cases the name of the complitly Search.klivs.com threat may be different from those in the list of found threats, the thing is that SpyHunter can detect module which distributes this threat. 1.7. After cleaning is completed, the restart of the computer maybe be required, click on the “Restart PC” to restart. 1.8. The cleaning process is completed. Enjoy!
Option 2. Tech Support to Remove complitly Search.klivs.com:
If you doubt in your technical abilities, do not hesitate to call our IT experts on toll-free number of your country written below. Our experts will be happy to help you to solve any computer problem. We work 24/7!
USA and Canada: (855) 688-9016 UK: 0800-086-8107 Australia: 0300-137-303
Option 3. Manual Steps for complitly Search.klivs.com
ATTENTION! This section is intended for advanced, highly skilled computer users, any improper action may damage your computer! For safe problem solution, we recommend to use automatic removal instruction described above in this article or contact our technical experts by toll-free phone numbers written above. Using the Manual Removal instruction – you do everything at your own risk and we are not responsible for any damage caused to your computer!
Step 1. To Uninstall “complitly Search.klivs.com” from computer – manual removal for Windows XP/Vista/7/8:
1. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 click on Start button and then click on Control Panel (watch the image below). If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel. Otherwise you can right click in empty space and select “All apps” and choose Control Panel from the list. Check the images below if you have any problem. 2. In Control Panel window click on the Programs and then click on Uninstall a program option or Program and Features option (Windows 7, 8, Vista). For Windows XP users simply click on Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel window. 3. You will be redirected to the window where you can see all of the programs installed on your computer. Scroll down the list and search for “complitly Search.klivs.com “. Select “complitly Search.klivs.com ” from the list and press Uninstall/Change for Windows Vista, 7,8 (Remove button for Windows XP). Also, please check our Suspicious Programs List below. If you find any of these programs installed on your computer, immediately uninstall them and scan your computer.
Suspicious Programs list:
- Search Protect by conduit
- iLivd manager
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- YTD Downloader
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search
- Babylon toolbar
- Cool Worlds
- privacy safe gaurd
- Price peep today
- Square Trace
- Coupon Amazine
- MyPC Backup
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Step 2. Remove complitly Search.klivs.com from Internet Explorer:
Manual Removal of complitly Search.klivs.com from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, go to the right upper corner and click on the gear icon (Windows XP users simply select Tools option) ,after that click on Internet Options. 2. Click on the Programs tab and then click on Manage Addons option. Now you should see a window where all of the installed addons and extensions are listed. 3. Now scroll the list and search for “complitly Search.klivs.com “. Select it by clicking on it and then right click and choose disable add-on. Also you can disable all the unknown or unwanted add-ons from this list. (Check the screenshot below).
Alternative Manual Removal of complitly Search.klivs.com from Internet Explorer
Reset your browser back to the default state.
If you are still experiencing issues with the complitly Search.klivs.com ads in Internet Explorer and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps. 1. Open Internet Explorer. Find the Tools menu and click on it or press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible, then click on Internet Option and the option window should open. 2. For IE9, IE10, IE11 you may need to click first on Gear icon and then click on tools. 3. Find an Advanced tab and Click on it, then you will see a RESET button. Click on it to start the RESET procedure. 4. Now you will get a new popup dialog where you need to confirm, select Delete personal setting then click on RESET button. (As shown on the screenshot below) 5. Reset process might take some time and after it is completed you will have your browser restored to it’s default state.
Step3. Remove “complitly Search.klivs.com ” from Mozilla Firefox:
Manual Removal of complitly Search.klivs.com from Firefox
1. Open Firefox browser and then navigate to the Tools menu (press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible). Now click on Add-ons and you’ll be redirected to the add-ons page. Click on extensions on the left side panel. Now you should look on the right side panel and you’ll see the list of all installed add-ons. Now you can Disable or Remove “complitly Search.klivs.com ” add-on and also disable or remove all the unknown or unwanted add-ons from here. (Look at the image below).
Alternative Manual Removal of complitly Search.klivs.com from Mozilla Firefox
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If you are still experiencing issues with the complitly Search.klivs.com ads in Mozilla Firefox and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps. 1. Open Mozilla Firefox and go the Help menu (press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible). 2. Select the Help menu and click on “Troubleshooting information”. Note: you can also open this page by typing this command in the address bar of the Firefox browser “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter. 3. You will see the “Troubleshooting information” page, here you can find “Reset Firefox” option on the right side of the page. 4. Click on Reset Firefox option and simply follow the instructions to reset the browser. 6. Now your Mozilla Firefox has been restored to it’s default state.
Step 4. Remove “complitly Search.klivs.com” from Google Chrome:
Remove any unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome browser
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on options icon (Located in upper right corner of the browser), click on Settings option and you will be redirected to the configuration page. 2. Under configuration page find an option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” and click on the link “Set Pages“. Another window should come up. There you will see the list of URL’s under “Set pages”. You can Delete all of them and then introduce the only one which you want to use as your default home page. (Follow the screenshots below). 3. On the configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Here you can delete all of the search engines except www.goole.com as it will be your default search engine. 4. Select “Make default” option, as shown on image below, to make Google as default search engine. 5. Click on X to delete all unwanted search engines.(As shown on image below).
Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on options icon (Located in upper right corner of the browser), click on Tools option and then Extensions and you will be redirected to the extensions page. 2. On extensions page you can see a list of extensions that are installed in your browser. Remove complitly Search.klivs.com extension to get rid of it. Also, here you can remove all the unknown or unwanted extensions. To remove them simply click on recycle bin icon (as shown on the screenshot below).
Alternative Manual Removal of complitly Search.klivs.com from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome
If you are still experiencing issues with the complitly Search.klivs.com ads in Google Chrome and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps. 1. Close Google Chrome. 2. Press “window key + R” to call the Windows Run box. 3. Copy and Paste this following command “as per your OS” in this Run box then click on OK button. You’ll be redirected to the location in windows explorer. Windows XP: %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default Windows 7,8, Vista: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default 4. In the default folder location, Rename a file named as “Preferences” to “Preferences.old” (Right click on the file and choose Rename option, type the name and press enter). 5. In the same default folder location, find all of the files names as “Web Data” and rename them to “Web Data.old“. 6. Now your Google Chrome has been restored to it’s default state.
Step 5. To Remove “complitly Search.klivs.com ” from Registry:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “REGEDIT” and hit enter. You’ll get to the registry editor window. 2. In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option (or press ctrl+F on your keyboard). The text box should pop up where you can search for any string in registry. 3. Type “complitly Search.klivs.com ” and then click on Find Next. 4. The search result now will highlight the key or value which matches “complitly Search.klivs.com ” word. 5. Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data anything that contains “complitly Search.klivs.com ” string (Look at the screenshot below). Note: Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the “complitly Search.klivs.com “path only (for example look at screenshot below). 6. Use F3 key to find Next registry record, and repeat the previous step to all of the results. Please note that your registry records may be different than what is shown on the image. On our example we used “Unwanted Adware”.
Step 6. To Remove “complitly Search.klivs.com ” from Autorun Tasks:
1. Click on Start button located on the bottom left corner and then do Right-Click on the computer. Then left-click on it and select Manage. A manage window should now appear. 2. In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler on the right side panel and click on “Task Scheduler Library”. Now look on left side panel and Remove all the Tasks which have complitly Search.klivs.com string. Also you can remove all unknown or unwanted task. (Look at the screenshot below).
Step 7. To Remove “complitly Search.klivs.com ” from Startup:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “MSCONFIG” and hit enter. You’ll get to the msconfig window. 2. In the msconfig window click on the Startup tab and here you’ll be able to see the list of all the startup entries. Scroll down the list and Un-check all the entries that contain “complitly Search.klivs.com “. Also you can Un-check all unwanted or suspicious entries. After that click on OK to apply all the changes. (Look at the screenshot below).
Step 8. To Remove “complitly Search.klivs.com ” from Services:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “MSCONFIG” and hit enter. You’ll get to the msconfig window. 2. In the msconfig window click on the Services tab, and here you’ll be able to see the list of startup services. Click on “Hide Windows Services” and all the windows related services will be hidden. Now the list will be shorter and you will see only the 3rd party installed services. 3. Now scroll down the list and Un-check all of the services that contain “complitly Search.klivs.com “. Also you can Un-check all unwanted or suspicious services. After that click on OK to apply all the changes. (Look at the screenshot below).