Good morning guys. I am so annoyed by some website called Websearch.searchdominion.info which I didn’t set as my default homepage and search engine by myself. However, somehow it hijacked my Google Chrome and messed up my custom settings. Now, every time I launch the web browser I am redirected to Websearch.searchdominion.info. The search results provided by this website are completely irrelevant to my search query. Also, I am getting so many advertisements. I think it’s related to this recent change made by Websearch.searchdominion.info. At first I thought that I am infected with some kind of virus, so I performed a full system scan with my antivirus, but it didn’t find any threat on my pc. Well, I am out of options how to remove this website from my browser. Switching to another web browser didn’t solve the problem. Could you please check out this and may you can find the solution for this issue. Thank your very much. How to get rid of Websearch.searchdominion.info from my browser? How to permanently delete Websearch.searchdominion.info adware from my computer?
Information & Solution
First of all Websearch.searchdominion.info is not reliable website. It can be classified as a browser hijacker that may affect any of the most known web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It doesn’t have its own search engine, however it redirects users to the Thesmartsearch.net website which provides bogus search results. That’s why it takes a lot of time loading up your search results. We don’t know who the developers of Websearch.searchdominion.info are, but we suspect few cyber criminals including Thesmartsearch.net developers. Anyway, it’s not reliable website and search engine and you should avoid it.
So, if your default homepage was replaced by Websearch.searchdominion.info and on every browser launch you see this page, you should not ignore this problem. Most of the users underestimate the browser hijacker infections. They think it’s just some pop-up ads or banners that can be closed. You are so wrong. This infection is as dangerous as virus infection. Even though, it can cause more troubles than a virus and of course it can’t be detected by the antivirus programs because technically it’s not a virus.
Usually it is spread over the internet with the help of freeware and shareware programs. Right after the installation, this malware changes system registry settings to startup automatically every time when user logs in. If you try to search with Websearch.searchdominion.info, keep in mind that most of the time the search results provided by this adware will be bogus and full of sponsored ads, discounts, offers and links to unsafe web sites. Additionally, it can keep track of your online activity, monitoring your browsing history, search queries. It may collect and transfer your personal data to a third party for commercial purposes. This data may contain not only the browsing history and search queries, but also, your logins and passwords, even credit cards information and your personal data such as home address, phone number, etc. This can lead into horrible consequences related with credit card fraud and identity theft. It can be installed on your computer without your permission and knowledge during the installation of freeware programs or by clicking links on unsafe websites. Once Websearch.searchdominion.info is installed on your computer it will change system settings and may even delete some of the system files which can lead into total system failure with loss of important data.
Once installed on the infected computer Websearch.searchdominion.info will perform multiple malicious activities. It may install some add-ons or extensions into your web browser, without your consent. Also, your default homepage, search engine and favorite websites will be changed to other, dubious web pages. After all of that, it will start monitoring your online activity. You will be always redirected to various sponsored websites to boost up their online ranks. Sometimes those websites may contain Trojans or keyloggers that might be installed into your system once you visit the web page. Once they get in they will spread other infection and in the end your vital system files may be corrupted which can lead into a system failure with loss of important personal data stored on the hard drive. All of your personal data introduced during the web browsing (for example when you log in to PayPal or to your email) will be collected and transferred to the remote server of cyber criminals.
How to remove complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info (Adware Removal Guides)
At this moment you should realize that Websearch.searchdominion.info is a dangerous browser hijacker that can redirect you to sponsored websites, which you don’t want to visit. Windows system registry, default browser configurations, homepage and search engine will be changed by this adware. This way it protects itself from being detected by antivirus software and easy removal. By changing Host file and DNS settings it grants itself a total control over infected computer. Now you will be redirected to various sponsored websites whether you want it or not. Below you may find out how to remove this adware from your computer entirely. If you have any questions or doubts during the removal process, do not hesitate to contact us.
Option 1. Automatic Removal of complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info with Spyhunter 4 Antispyware
Option 2. Removal of complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info with the help of our technical experts.
Option 3. Manual Steps for complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info Removal
Option 1. Automatic Removal of complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info with Spyhunter 4 Antispyware:
To quickly and easily remove complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info threat, please download and install the SpyHunter 4(click the Download button below) – this anti-spyware utility has been concretely developed to detect and remove threats such as complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info . Also SpyHunter 4 can detect and remove many types of viruses such as: Rootkits, Trojans, Adwares, Browser Hijackers, Fake Antiviruses and many more. After downloading, follow the simple instructions described in this section and you will easily clean your computer!
Note: Before running this utility recommended to print this instruction or memorize the main steps as during cleaning the browser closure or computer restart may be required.
SpyHunter 4 was developed by Enigma Software; it is an anti-virus utility program that was certified by West Coast Labs Checkmark Certification System. Enigma software was mentioned by various respectable media sources such as: Forbes.com, CNN.com, CNet, PC World, InfoWorld and USA Today. With multiple tests we have proved that SpyHunter 4 has one of the best detection and removal rates. Also, the database of this utility has more than a million threats signatures which makes it one of the largest compared to similar utilities.
1.1. After completing download click on the SpyHunter-Installer.exe. When the User Account Control dialog pops up, click “Yes” to accept and proceed. Spyhunter Downloaded will be launched and it will download the main SpyHunter Installer for your Operating System. 1.2. Choose your preferred language and follow the simple installation instructions. 1.3. After the installation is completed SpyHunter will be launched automatically and will prompts you to protect your Internet Explorer homepage – this function will protect your Internet Explorer from browser hijackers in the future. ATTENTION! Since your computer is probably already infected with one of the browser hijackers, then this function may not work for you. It is necessary to scan your computer and remove all threats as shown in the following steps. 1.4. After opening the main window of Spyhunter 4, automatic update of the virus signature database will be launched, please wait for the database to be up to date with the most recent signatures. 1.5. When the updates of the antivirus databases are completed, Spyhunter will start to scan your computer automatically. The Important areas such as memory, startup section, critical registry areas as well as the entire hard drive will be scanned. The scanning process may take some time – but be patient, it will help to find all the threats on your computer. 1.6. When the scan will be completed, your will be able to see the list of threats with detailed description that has been found. Besides complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info threat can be found other common threats such as: Conduit Search, Iminent Toolbar, WhiteSmoke Toolbar, Speedial and others. Click on the “Fix Threats” button to remove all threats. Also we want to note that in rare cases the name of the complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info threat may be different from those in the list of found threats, the thing is that SpyHunter can detect module which distributes this threat. 1.7. After cleaning is completed, the restart of the computer maybe be required, click on the “Restart PC” to restart. 1.8. The cleaning process is completed. Enjoy!
Option 2. Tech Support to Remove complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info:
If you doubt in your technical abilities, do not hesitate to call our IT experts on toll-free number of your country written below. Our experts will be happy to help you to solve any computer problem. We work 24/7!
USA and Canada: (855) 688-9016 UK: 0800-086-8107 Australia: 0300-137-303
Option 3. Manual Steps for complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info
ATTENTION! This section is intended for advanced, highly skilled computer users, any improper action may damage your computer! For safe problem solution, we recommend to use automatic removal instruction described above in this article or contact our technical experts by toll-free phone numbers written above. Using the Manual Removal instruction – you do everything at your own risk and we are not responsible for any damage caused to your computer!
Step 1. To Uninstall “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info” from computer – manual removal for Windows XP/Vista/7/8:
1. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 click on Start button and then click on Control Panel (watch the image below). If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel. Otherwise you can right click in empty space and select “All apps” and choose Control Panel from the list. Check the images below if you have any problem. 2. In Control Panel window click on the Programs and then click on Uninstall a program option or Program and Features option (Windows 7, 8, Vista). For Windows XP users simply click on Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel window. 3. You will be redirected to the window where you can see all of the programs installed on your computer. Scroll down the list and search for “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info “. Select “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ” from the list and press Uninstall/Change for Windows Vista, 7,8 (Remove button for Windows XP). Also, please check our Suspicious Programs List below. If you find any of these programs installed on your computer, immediately uninstall them and scan your computer.
Suspicious Programs list:
- Search Protect by conduit
- iLivd manager
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- YTD Downloader
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search
- Cool Worlds
- privacy safe gaurd
- Price peep today
- Square Trace
- Coupon Amazine
- MyPC Backup
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Step 2. Remove complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info from Internet Explorer:
Manual Removal of complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, go to the right upper corner and click on the gear icon (Windows XP users simply select Tools option) ,after that click on Internet Options. 2. Click on the Programs tab and then click on Manage Addons option. Now you should see a window where all of the installed addons and extensions are listed. 3. Now scroll the list and search for “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info “. Select it by clicking on it and then right click and choose disable add-on. Also you can disable all the unknown or unwanted add-ons from this list. (Check the screenshot below).
Alternative Manual Removal of complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info from Internet Explorer
Reset your browser back to the default state.
If you are still experiencing issues with the complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ads in Internet Explorer and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps. 1. Open Internet Explorer. Find the Tools menu and click on it or press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible, then click on Internet Option and the option window should open. 2. For IE9, IE10, IE11 you may need to click first on Gear icon and then click on tools. 3. Find an Advanced tab and Click on it, then you will see a RESET button. Click on it to start the RESET procedure. 4. Now you will get a new popup dialog where you need to confirm, select Delete personal setting then click on RESET button. (As shown on the screenshot below) 5. Reset process might take some time and after it is completed you will have your browser restored to it’s default state.
Step3. Remove “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ” from Mozilla Firefox:
Manual Removal of complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info from Firefox
1. Open Firefox browser and then navigate to the Tools menu (press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible). Now click on Add-ons and you’ll be redirected to the add-ons page. Click on extensions on the left side panel. Now you should look on the right side panel and you’ll see the list of all installed add-ons. Now you can Disable or Remove “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ” add-on and also disable or remove all the unknown or unwanted add-ons from here. (Look at the image below).
Alternative Manual Removal of complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info from Mozilla Firefox
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If you are still experiencing issues with the complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ads in Mozilla Firefox and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps. 1. Open Mozilla Firefox and go the Help menu (press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible). 2. Select the Help menu and click on “Troubleshooting information”. Note: you can also open this page by typing this command in the address bar of the Firefox browser “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter. 3. You will see the “Troubleshooting information” page, here you can find “Reset Firefox” option on the right side of the page. 4. Click on Reset Firefox option and simply follow the instructions to reset the browser. 6. Now your Mozilla Firefox has been restored to it’s default state.
Step 4. Remove “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info” from Google Chrome:
Remove any unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome browser
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on options icon (Located in upper right corner of the browser), click on Settings option and you will be redirected to the configuration page. 2. Under configuration page find an option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” and click on the link “Set Pages“. Another window should come up. There you will see the list of URL’s under “Set pages”. You can Delete all of them and then introduce the only one which you want to use as your default home page. (Follow the screenshots below). 3. On the configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Here you can delete all of the search engines except www.goole.com as it will be your default search engine. 4. Select “Make default” option, as shown on image below, to make Google as default search engine. 5. Click on X to delete all unwanted search engines.(As shown on image below).
Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on options icon (Located in upper right corner of the browser), click on Tools option and then Extensions and you will be redirected to the extensions page. 2. On extensions page you can see a list of extensions that are installed in your browser. Remove complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info extension to get rid of it. Also, here you can remove all the unknown or unwanted extensions. To remove them simply click on recycle bin icon (as shown on the screenshot below).
Alternative Manual Removal of complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome
If you are still experiencing issues with the complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ads in Google Chrome and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps. 1. Close Google Chrome. 2. Press “window key + R” to call the Windows Run box. 3. Copy and Paste this following command “as per your OS” in this Run box then click on OK button. You’ll be redirected to the location in windows explorer. Windows XP: %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default Windows 7,8, Vista: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default 4. In the default folder location, Rename a file named as “Preferences” to “Preferences.old” (Right click on the file and choose Rename option, type the name and press enter). 5. In the same default folder location, find all of the files names as “Web Data” and rename them to “Web Data.old“. 6. Now your Google Chrome has been restored to it’s default state.
Step 5. To Remove “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ” from Registry:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “REGEDIT” and hit enter. You’ll get to the registry editor window. 2. In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option (or press ctrl+F on your keyboard). The text box should pop up where you can search for any string in registry. 3. Type “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ” and then click on Find Next. 4. The search result now will highlight the key or value which matches “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ” word. 5. Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data anything that contains “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ” string (Look at the screenshot below). Note: Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info “path only (for example look at screenshot below). 6. Use F3 key to find Next registry record, and repeat the previous step to all of the results. Please note that your registry records may be different than what is shown on the image. On our example we used “Unwanted Adware”.
Step 6. To Remove “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ” from Autorun Tasks:
1. Click on Start button located on the bottom left corner and then do Right-Click on the computer. Then left-click on it and select Manage. A manage window should now appear. 2. In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler on the right side panel and click on “Task Scheduler Library”. Now look on left side panel and Remove all the Tasks which have complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info string. Also you can remove all unknown or unwanted task. (Look at the screenshot below).
Step 7. To Remove “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ” from Startup:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “MSCONFIG” and hit enter. You’ll get to the msconfig window. 2. In the msconfig window click on the Startup tab and here you’ll be able to see the list of all the startup entries. Scroll down the list and Un-check all the entries that contain “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info “. Also you can Un-check all unwanted or suspicious entries. After that click on OK to apply all the changes. (Look at the screenshot below).
Step 8. To Remove “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info ” from Services:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “MSCONFIG” and hit enter. You’ll get to the msconfig window. 2. In the msconfig window click on the Services tab, and here you’ll be able to see the list of startup services. Click on “Hide Windows Services” and all the windows related services will be hidden. Now the list will be shorter and you will see only the 3rd party installed services. 3. Now scroll down the list and Un-check all of the services that contain “complitly Websearch.searchdominion.info “. Also you can Un-check all unwanted or suspicious services. After that click on OK to apply all the changes. (Look at the screenshot below).