Hello guys. Could you please help me? My computer was totally messed up by some hijacker called Welcome.safer.com that infected all of my web browsers. Every time I try to launch the web browser, no matter which one, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome or even Mozilla, the Welcome.safer.com automatically replaces my default home page and search engine. I tried to change it back but after reboot this hijacker replaces default homepage to Welcome.safer.com. If I continue using this home page and search engine I am getting a lot of pop-up ads and surveys. How can I stop this nightmare? I want to restore my pc as it was before, fast and secure. I’m scared that my social network accounts might be hacked. I am not feeling safe using the web browser while this Welcome.safer.com remains on my computer. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance. How to get rid of Welcome.safer.com from my browser? How to permanently delete Welcome.safer.com adware from my computer?
Information & Solution
Welcome.safer.com is a browser hijacker that was developed by Safer Technologies Inc. The company was founded by an international team of developers. They are stating that their goal was to fix fundamental security and privacy issues within the software that users use daily. Also they are stating that Welcome.safer.com or Safer Browser was developed to improve browser security. To achieve goal they are forcing browser to use SSL connection to protect users against malicious webpages that can lead in various kind of fraud. The company is located in Seattle but also has departments in London, Prague and Novosibirsk.
At the start Welcome.safer.com was a good intention project but we think the website was hacked by cyber criminals and now it is another browser hijacker from the family of adware infections. Now it promotes sponsored programs and websites in order to get profits by hijacking users’ browsers, changing their homepages to its own page and redirecting to certain sponsored websites whenever they search for something using the default search engine provided by Welcome.safer.com. This browser hijacker often gets into users’ computers bundled together with freeware applications such as pdf readers, download managers and others, or when users click on ads or suspicious links, open spam email attachments, etc. Those freeware programs are looking for different ways to earn some revenues, that’s why they are bundling adware programs to their own programs and monetizing from every installation.
The Welcome.safer.com adware doesn’t infect only the computer; it also exploits the system vulnerabilities to download and install adware, viruses and other malicious programs to corrupt the system. Moreover, this adware may install some unwanted freeware programs on your computer without your knowledge. Once your computer is infected it will perform weirdly and slowly. Especially the firewall and antivirus protection will be blocked by the browser hijacker and fail to find and remove any computer infection properly. Since the adware infection updates itself daily through the remote connection, it becomes difficult for antivirus software to work out a latest version to deal with the infection timely. Therefore, the adware must be removed immediately once you noticed any sign of the infection.
Welcome.safer.com adware spreads through various ways over the internet. Spam links from your friends on Facebook, spam emails, attachments in junk emails, pop-up ads and banners, fake security messages and update warnings, all of that can infect you with malware if you will not be careful. To prevent the infection you should not click on any of those pop-up ads and links, also you should avoid downloading freeware or shareware programs from unofficial websites. Before installing any program on your computer you should read the end users license agreements carefully. Always select custom or advanced installation in order to be able to remove various additional unwanted programs from being installed. Keep your antivirus data bases updated and never disable the protection of your computer, even if some program asks for it. Be careful while browsing the internet and watch where you clicking.
How to remove complitly Welcome.safer.com (Adware Removal Guides)
Most of the times, the Welcome.safer.com will provide the infected users with tons of pop-up ads, fake security alerts and update notifications. In any circumstance you should not click on those ads or links, never install those updates because you are risking to get infected with some Trojan worms, keyloggers or any other malware. If you have noticed that your default homepage was changed to Welcome.safer.com you should start taking immediate actions and remove this vicious adware from your computer. To help you with the removal process we have developed various removal tutorials for your convenience. You will be able to clean up your computer completely and easily by following the simple steps described in our guides. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any doubts or questions during the removal process.
Option 1. Automatic Removal of complitly Welcome.safer.com with Spyhunter 4 Antispyware
Option 2. Removal of complitly Welcome.safer.com with the help of our technical experts.
Option 3. Manual Steps for complitly Welcome.safer.com Removal
Option 1. Automatic Removal of complitly Welcome.safer.com with Spyhunter 4 Antispyware:
To quickly and easily remove complitly Welcome.safer.com threat, please download and install the SpyHunter 4(click the Download button below) – this anti-spyware utility has been concretely developed to detect and remove threats such as complitly Welcome.safer.com . Also SpyHunter 4 can detect and remove many types of viruses such as: Rootkits, Trojans, Adwares, Browser Hijackers, Fake Antiviruses and many more. After downloading, follow the simple instructions described in this section and you will easily clean your computer!
Note: Before running this utility recommended to print this instruction or memorize the main steps as during cleaning the browser closure or computer restart may be required.
SpyHunter 4 was developed by Enigma Software; it is an anti-virus utility program that was certified by West Coast Labs Checkmark Certification System. Enigma software was mentioned by various respectable media sources such as: Forbes.com, CNN.com, CNet, PC World, InfoWorld and USA Today. With multiple tests we have proved that SpyHunter 4 has one of the best detection and removal rates. Also, the database of this utility has more than a million threats signatures which makes it one of the largest compared to similar utilities.
1.1. After completing download click on the SpyHunter-Installer.exe. When the User Account Control dialog pops up, click “Yes” to accept and proceed. Spyhunter Downloaded will be launched and it will download the main SpyHunter Installer for your Operating System. 1.2. Choose your preferred language and follow the simple installation instructions. 1.3. After the installation is completed SpyHunter will be launched automatically and will prompts you to protect your Internet Explorer homepage – this function will protect your Internet Explorer from browser hijackers in the future. ATTENTION! Since your computer is probably already infected with one of the browser hijackers, then this function may not work for you. It is necessary to scan your computer and remove all threats as shown in the following steps. 1.4. After opening the main window of Spyhunter 4, automatic update of the virus signature database will be launched, please wait for the database to be up to date with the most recent signatures. 1.5. When the updates of the antivirus databases are completed, Spyhunter will start to scan your computer automatically. The Important areas such as memory, startup section, critical registry areas as well as the entire hard drive will be scanned. The scanning process may take some time – but be patient, it will help to find all the threats on your computer. 1.6. When the scan will be completed, your will be able to see the list of threats with detailed description that has been found. Besides complitly Welcome.safer.com threat can be found other common threats such as: Conduit Search, Iminent Toolbar, WhiteSmoke Toolbar, Speedial and others. Click on the “Fix Threats” button to remove all threats. Also we want to note that in rare cases the name of the complitly Welcome.safer.com threat may be different from those in the list of found threats, the thing is that SpyHunter can detect module which distributes this threat. 1.7. After cleaning is completed, the restart of the computer maybe be required, click on the “Restart PC” to restart. 1.8. The cleaning process is completed. Enjoy!
Option 2. Tech Support to Remove complitly Welcome.safer.com:
If you doubt in your technical abilities, do not hesitate to call our IT experts on toll-free number of your country written below. Our experts will be happy to help you to solve any computer problem. We work 24/7!
USA and Canada: (855) 688-9016 UK: 0800-086-8107 Australia: 0300-137-303
Option 3. Manual Steps for complitly Welcome.safer.com
ATTENTION! This section is intended for advanced, highly skilled computer users, any improper action may damage your computer! For safe problem solution, we recommend to use automatic removal instruction described above in this article or contact our technical experts by toll-free phone numbers written above. Using the Manual Removal instruction – you do everything at your own risk and we are not responsible for any damage caused to your computer!
Step 1. To Uninstall “complitly Welcome.safer.com” from computer – manual removal for Windows XP/Vista/7/8:
1. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 click on Start button and then click on Control Panel (watch the image below). If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel. Otherwise you can right click in empty space and select “All apps” and choose Control Panel from the list. Check the images below if you have any problem. 2. In Control Panel window click on the Programs and then click on Uninstall a program option or Program and Features option (Windows 7, 8, Vista). For Windows XP users simply click on Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel window. 3. You will be redirected to the window where you can see all of the programs installed on your computer. Scroll down the list and search for “complitly Welcome.safer.com “. Select “complitly Welcome.safer.com ” from the list and press Uninstall/Change for Windows Vista, 7,8 (Remove button for Windows XP). Also, please check our Suspicious Programs List below. If you find any of these programs installed on your computer, immediately uninstall them and scan your computer.
Suspicious Programs list:
- Search Protect by conduit
- iLivd manager
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- YTD Downloader
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search
- Babylon toolbar
- Cool Worlds
- privacy safe gaurd
- Price peep today
- Square Trace
- Coupon Amazine
- MyPC Backup
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Step 2. Remove complitly Welcome.safer.com from Internet Explorer:
Manual Removal of complitly Welcome.safer.com from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, go to the right upper corner and click on the gear icon (Windows XP users simply select Tools option) ,after that click on Internet Options. 2. Click on the Programs tab and then click on Manage Addons option. Now you should see a window where all of the installed addons and extensions are listed. 3. Now scroll the list and search for “complitly Welcome.safer.com “. Select it by clicking on it and then right click and choose disable add-on. Also you can disable all the unknown or unwanted add-ons from this list. (Check the screenshot below).
Alternative Manual Removal of complitly Welcome.safer.com from Internet Explorer
Reset your browser back to the default state.
If you are still experiencing issues with the complitly Welcome.safer.com ads in Internet Explorer and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps. 1. Open Internet Explorer. Find the Tools menu and click on it or press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible, then click on Internet Option and the option window should open. 2. For IE9, IE10, IE11 you may need to click first on Gear icon and then click on tools. 3. Find an Advanced tab and Click on it, then you will see a RESET button. Click on it to start the RESET procedure. 4. Now you will get a new popup dialog where you need to confirm, select Delete personal setting then click on RESET button. (As shown on the screenshot below) 5. Reset process might take some time and after it is completed you will have your browser restored to it’s default state.
Step3. Remove “complitly Welcome.safer.com ” from Mozilla Firefox:
Manual Removal of complitly Welcome.safer.com from Firefox
1. Open Firefox browser and then navigate to the Tools menu (press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible). Now click on Add-ons and you’ll be redirected to the add-ons page. Click on extensions on the left side panel. Now you should look on the right side panel and you’ll see the list of all installed add-ons. Now you can Disable or Remove “complitly Welcome.safer.com ” add-on and also disable or remove all the unknown or unwanted add-ons from here. (Look at the image below).
Alternative Manual Removal of complitly Welcome.safer.com from Mozilla Firefox
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If you are still experiencing issues with the complitly Welcome.safer.com ads in Mozilla Firefox and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps. 1. Open Mozilla Firefox and go the Help menu (press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible). 2. Select the Help menu and click on “Troubleshooting information”. Note: you can also open this page by typing this command in the address bar of the Firefox browser “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter. 3. You will see the “Troubleshooting information” page, here you can find “Reset Firefox” option on the right side of the page. 4. Click on Reset Firefox option and simply follow the instructions to reset the browser. 6. Now your Mozilla Firefox has been restored to it’s default state.
Step 4. Remove “complitly Welcome.safer.com” from Google Chrome:
Remove any unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome browser
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on options icon (Located in upper right corner of the browser), click on Settings option and you will be redirected to the configuration page. 2. Under configuration page find an option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” and click on the link “Set Pages“. Another window should come up. There you will see the list of URL’s under “Set pages”. You can Delete all of them and then introduce the only one which you want to use as your default home page. (Follow the screenshots below). 3. On the configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Here you can delete all of the search engines except www.goole.com as it will be your default search engine. 4. Select “Make default” option, as shown on image below, to make Google as default search engine. 5. Click on X to delete all unwanted search engines.(As shown on image below).
Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on options icon (Located in upper right corner of the browser), click on Tools option and then Extensions and you will be redirected to the extensions page. 2. On extensions page you can see a list of extensions that are installed in your browser. Remove complitly Welcome.safer.com extension to get rid of it. Also, here you can remove all the unknown or unwanted extensions. To remove them simply click on recycle bin icon (as shown on the screenshot below).
Alternative Manual Removal of complitly Welcome.safer.com from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome
If you are still experiencing issues with the complitly Welcome.safer.com ads in Google Chrome and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps. 1. Close Google Chrome. 2. Press “window key + R” to call the Windows Run box. 3. Copy and Paste this following command “as per your OS” in this Run box then click on OK button. You’ll be redirected to the location in windows explorer. Windows XP: %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default Windows 7,8, Vista: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default 4. In the default folder location, Rename a file named as “Preferences” to “Preferences.old” (Right click on the file and choose Rename option, type the name and press enter). 5. In the same default folder location, find all of the files names as “Web Data” and rename them to “Web Data.old“. 6. Now your Google Chrome has been restored to it’s default state.
Step 5. To Remove “complitly Welcome.safer.com ” from Registry:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “REGEDIT” and hit enter. You’ll get to the registry editor window. 2. In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option (or press ctrl+F on your keyboard). The text box should pop up where you can search for any string in registry. 3. Type “complitly Welcome.safer.com ” and then click on Find Next. 4. The search result now will highlight the key or value which matches “complitly Welcome.safer.com ” word. 5. Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data anything that contains “complitly Welcome.safer.com ” string (Look at the screenshot below). Note: Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the “complitly Welcome.safer.com “path only (for example look at screenshot below). 6. Use F3 key to find Next registry record, and repeat the previous step to all of the results. Please note that your registry records may be different than what is shown on the image. On our example we used “Unwanted Adware”.
Step 6. To Remove “complitly Welcome.safer.com ” from Autorun Tasks:
1. Click on Start button located on the bottom left corner and then do Right-Click on the computer. Then left-click on it and select Manage. A manage window should now appear. 2. In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler on the right side panel and click on “Task Scheduler Library”. Now look on left side panel and Remove all the Tasks which have complitly Welcome.safer.com string. Also you can remove all unknown or unwanted task. (Look at the screenshot below).
Step 7. To Remove “complitly Welcome.safer.com ” from Startup:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “MSCONFIG” and hit enter. You’ll get to the msconfig window. 2. In the msconfig window click on the Startup tab and here you’ll be able to see the list of all the startup entries. Scroll down the list and Un-check all the entries that contain “complitly Welcome.safer.com “. Also you can Un-check all unwanted or suspicious entries. After that click on OK to apply all the changes. (Look at the screenshot below).
Step 8. To Remove “complitly Welcome.safer.com ” from Services:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “MSCONFIG” and hit enter. You’ll get to the msconfig window. 2. In the msconfig window click on the Services tab, and here you’ll be able to see the list of startup services. Click on “Hide Windows Services” and all the windows related services will be hidden. Now the list will be shorter and you will see only the 3rd party installed services. 3. Now scroll down the list and Un-check all of the services that contain “complitly Welcome.safer.com “. Also you can Un-check all unwanted or suspicious services. After that click on OK to apply all the changes. (Look at the screenshot below).