Professional help is needed. Every time I open a new tab in Firefox I am getting redirected to Sweet-page.com. I removed it once but it always comes back. I ran a full system scan using my Norton 360 LIVE but it didn’t found anything. I am in despair, I’ve tried to remove it from programs but it comes again after system reboot. I think it’s hiding somewhere deeper in my system. Please, help me to find and remove this. How to remove sweet-page.com adware? How to completely uninstall sweet-page.com from my PC?
Sweet-page.com is a browser hijacker. It is a type of adware program with malicious code that takes over your browsers with an objective to promote various advertisements and sponsored links that will be shown to infected user together with the search results.
The main way to get this infection is installation of freeware programs from the internet. Most of the time users select automatic installation of these products and pressing ‘Next’ until the installation is complete. And the adware is bundled with a freeware program and being installed together during the same installation process. That’s why we always recommend to our customers to pay attention when installing software, because a software installer may include optional installs of adware such Sweet-page.com. If there is an option always choose custom installation and uncheck other software that you don’t need.
Below you will find a complete guide on how remove Sweet-page.com from your computer and bring back your browsers to default state. Please follow it step by step and you will get rid of the infection.
How to remove sweet-page.com (Virus Removal Guides)
On this page you will find an all-inclusive guide, which will help you to remove sweet-page.com virus. Below you can find three automatically methods to clean up an infected computer and one manual method for advanced users. Please keep in mind, in order to successfully clean your computer you have to follow the steps and perform them in the correct order. If you are unsure about something or in doubt at any point, please stop and ask for our assistance in the comments below.
Option 1. Removal of sweet-page.com with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Option 2. Removal of sweet-page.com with Emsisoft Anti-Malware
Option 3. Removal of sweet-page.com with HitmanPro
Option 4. Manual Steps for sweet-page.com Removal
Option 1. Removal of sweet-page.com with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:
1.1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free(click on the banner below), double click on it to start the installation process. Keep following the prompts to continue with the setup process and press Finish when it is completed.
1.2. Virus Definition Updates – After the launch of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware the program may suggest you to update the virus definition database. However, if that didn’t happen we advise you to manually update the virus definition database. Follow the image below to proceed with updates.
1.3. On the Scanner tab, select “Perform full scan” option and then click on the Scan button, as you can see on the image below. Now Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will start scanning your computer for infections.
1.4. When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed, click on Show Result to see the list of threats that has been found.
1.5. After clicking on Show Results you will see the screen with all malware infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has detected. Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown on the image. Make sure all of the infections are selected and click on Remove Selected to clean up your computer.
Option 2. Removal of sweet-page.com with Emsisoft Anti-Malware:
2.1. Download Emsisoft Anti-Malware(click on the banner below), then double click on it to start the installation process. Read the license agreement and select “I accept the agreement” and click on install in order to continue setup. Keep following the prompts to continue with the setup process and press Finish when it is completed.
2.2. After installation is completed EmniSoft Anti-Malware will be launched automaticaly. You will be prompted to choose between 30 days free trial period or order a full version. Choose your option and click Next.
2.3. Now Emsisoft Anti-Malware will begin to update it’s virus definitions and you will need to wait few minutes until the process is completed. In the dialog window you can see the progress of updating.
2.4. When the updates are completed you will be at screen asking if you want to enable PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) detection. This option will help you to prevent a lot of problems in future. Select Yes and click on Next.
2.5. Next step is to select the Deep Scan option and then click on the Scan button. The Deep Scan option allows the program to deeply scan your computer for any kind of infections.
2.6. Now you will see the scan dialog box. It might take a few minutes but you are here to clean infections, it is worth the wait to make sure your computer is properly scanned. Please wait until the scan process is fully completed.
2.7. When the scan has finished, you’ll be able to see the list of all infections that were found. Make sure you have selected all of the objects and click on Delete selected objects to delete them permanently or Quarantine selected objects if you are not sure about first option.
2.8. Sometimes to delete the infection reboot might be required. Click OK to reboot the system. Emsisoft Anti-Malware will clean up all the infection from your computer during reboot process.
Option 3. Removal of sweet-page.com with HitmanPro:
3.1. Download HitmanPro(click on the banner below), then double-click on it to start the program. Below you can find links to download the program for different versions of Windows, if you don’t know your Windows version we advise you to download 32-bit version of HitmanPro.
3.2. Now, after HitmanPro is launched you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to perform a system scan.
3.3. On the next screen make sure that option “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” is selected and press Next.
3.4. HitmanPro will start scanning your computer and will search for any Adware or other malicious files as seen on the image below.
3.5. Once the scan is done, you will see a screen with a list of the infected files that has been detected. Simply click on Next to remove these malicious files.
3.6. You will be prompted to choose between free 30 days trial period or purchase the full version of the program. Click on Activate free license to continue with 30 days trial or click on Buy Now to purchase the full version of HitmanPro to protect your computer.
Manual Steps for sweet-page.com Removal
Step 1. To Uninstall “sweet-page.com” from computer – manual removal for Windows XP/Vista/7/8:
1. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 click on Start button and then click on Control Panel (watch the image below).
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel. Otherwise you can right click in empty space and select “All apps” and choose Control Panel from the list. Check the images below if you have any problem.
2. In Control Panel window click on the Programs and then click on Uninstall a program option or Program and Features option (Windows 7, 8, Vista).
For Windows XP users simply click on Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel window.
3. You will be redirected to the window where you can see all of the programs installed on your computer. Scroll down the list and search for “sweet-page.com”. Select “sweet-page.com” from the list and press Uninstall/Change for Windows Vista, 7,8 (Remove button for Windows XP).
Also, please check our Suspicious Programs List below. If you find any of these programs installed on your computer, immediately uninstall them and scan your computer.
Suspicious Programs list:
- Search Protect by conduit
- iLivd manager
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- YTD Downloader
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search
- Babylon toolbar
- Cool Worlds
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Square Trace
- Coupon Amazine
- MyPC Backup
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Step 2. Remove sweet-page.com from Internet Explorer:
Manual Removal of sweet-page.com from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, go to the right upper corner and click on the gear icon (Windows XP users simply select Tools option) ,after that click on Internet Options.
2. Click on the Programs tab and then click on Manage Addons option. Now you should see a window where all of the installed addons and extensions are listed.
3. Now scroll the list and search for “sweet-page.com”. Select it by clicking on it and then right click and choose disable add-on. Also you can disable all the unknown or unwanted add-ons from this list. (Check the screenshot below).
Alternative Manual Removal of sweet-page.com from Internet Explorer
Reset your browser back to the default state.
If you are still experiencing issues with the sweet-page.com ads in Internet Explorer and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps.
1. Open Internet Explorer. Find the Tools menu and click on it or press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible, then click on Internet Option and the option window should open.
2. For IE9, IE10, IE11 you may need to click first on Gear icon and then click on tools.
3. Find an Advanced tab and Click on it, then you will see a RESET button. Click on it to start the RESET procedure.
4. Now you will get a new popup dialog where you need to confirm, select Delete personal setting then click on RESET button. (As shown on the screenshot below)
5. Reset process might take some time and after it is completed you will have your browser restored to it’s default state.
Step3. Remove “sweet-page.com” from Mozilla Firefox:
Manual Removal of sweet-page.com from Firefox
1. Open Firefox browser and then navigate to the Tools menu (press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible). Now click on Add-ons and you’ll be redirected to the add-ons page. Click on extensions on the left side panel. Now you should look on the right side panel and you’ll see the list of all installed add-ons. Now you can Disable or Remove “sweet-page.com” add-on and also disable or remove all the unknown or unwanted add-ons from here. (Look at the image below).
Alternative Manual Removal of sweet-page.com from Mozilla Firefox
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If you are still experiencing issues with the sweet-page.com ads in Mozilla Firefox and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and go the Help menu (press “F10″ key on your keyboard once to active the menu bar if it’s not visible).
2. Select the Help menu and click on “Troubleshooting information”.
Note: you can also open this page by typing this command in the address bar of the Firefox browser “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter.
3. You will see the “Troubleshooting information” page, here you can find “Reset Firefox” option on the right side of the page.
4. Click on Reset Firefox option and simply follow the instructions to reset the browser.
6. Now your Mozilla Firefox has been restored to it’s default state.
Step 4. Remove “sweet-page.com” from Google Chrome:
Remove any unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome browser
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on options icon (Located in upper right corner of the browser), click on Settings option and you will be redirected to the configuration page.
2. Under configuration page find an option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” and click on the link “Set Pages“. Another window should come up. There you will see the list of URL’s under “Set pages”. You can Delete all of them and then introduce the only one which you want to use as your default home page. (Follow the screenshots below).
3. On the configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Here you can delete all of the search engines except www.goole.com as it will be your default search engine.
4. Select “Make default” option, as shown on image below, to make Google as default search engine.
5. Click on X to delete all unwanted search engines.(As shown on image below).
Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on options icon (Located in upper right corner of the browser), click on Tools option and then Extensions and you will be redirected to the extensions page.
2. On extensions page you can see a list of extensions that are installed in your browser. Remove sweet-page.com extension to get rid of it. Also, here you can remove all the unknown or unwanted extensions. To remove them simply click on recycle bin icon (as shown on the screenshot below).
Alternative Manual Removal of sweet-page.com from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome
If you are still experiencing issues with the sweet-page.com ads in Google Chrome and previous steps didn’t help you, we have another solution that will reset your browser to its default settings. Attention, browser reset may be performed only if your issues have not been solved by the previous steps.
1. Close Google Chrome.
2. Press “window key + R” to call the Windows Run box.
3. Copy and Paste this following command “as per your OS” in this Run box then click on OK button. You’ll be redirected to the location in windows explorer.
Windows XP: %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
Windows 7,8, Vista: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
4. In the default folder location, Rename a file named as “Preferences” to “Preferences.old” (Right click on the file and choose Rename option, type the name and press enter).
5. In the same default folder location, find all of the files names as “Web Data” and rename them to “Web Data.old“.
6. Now your Google Chrome has been restored to it’s default state.
Step 5. To Remove “sweet-page.com” from Registry:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “REGEDIT” and hit enter. You’ll get to the registry editor window.
2. In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option (or press ctrl+F on your keyboard). The text box should pop up where you can search for any string in registry.
3. Type “sweet-page.com” and then click on Find Next.
4. The search result now will highlight the key or value which matches “sweet-page.com” word.
5. Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data anything that contains “sweet-page.com” string (Look at the screenshot below).
Note: Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the “sweet-page.com”path only (for example look at screenshot below).
6. Use F3 key to find Next registry record, and repeat the previous step to all of the results.
Please note that your registry records may be different than what is shown on the image. On our example we used “Unwanted Adware”.
Step 6. To Remove “sweet-page.com” from Autorun Tasks:
1. Click on Start button located on the bottom left corner and then do Right-Click on the computer. Then left-click on it and select Manage. A manage window should now appear.
2. In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler on the right side panel and click on “Task Scheduler Library”. Now look on left side panel and Remove all the Tasks which have sweet-page.com string. Also you can remove all unknown or unwanted task. (Look at the screenshot below).
Step 7. To Remove “sweet-page.com” from Startup:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “MSCONFIG” and hit enter. You’ll get to the msconfig window.
2. In the msconfig window click on the Startup tab and here you’ll be able to see the list of all the startup entries. Scroll down the list and Un-check all the entries that contain “sweet-page.com”. Also you can Un-check all unwanted or suspicious entries. After that click on OK to apply all the changes. (Look at the screenshot below).
Step 8. To Remove “sweet-page.com” from Services:
1. Press “window key + R” you will get Run box and then type “MSCONFIG” and hit enter. You’ll get to the msconfig window.
2. In the msconfig window click on the Services tab, and here you’ll be able to see the list of startup services. Click on “Hide Windows Services” and all the windows related services will be hidden. Now the list will be shorter and you will see only the 3rd party installed services.
3. Now scroll down the list and Un-check all of the services that contain “sweet-page.com”. Also you can Un-check all unwanted or suspicious services. After that click on OK to apply all the changes. (Look at the screenshot below).